My name is Gemma Ricketts and I am the new Education Welfare Officer for Hardwick Green Academy Primary school. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting you and your child/children through their schooling journey.
Before becoming a Parent Support Advisor for the school I was a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse and worked as a Health Visitor, before becoming a mother to my two children. I have two children aged 11 and 21 months and understand some of the difficulties and challenges involved at times.
What can I offer?
I can offer help and support to parents about any worries that may be causing concerns for you or your child, during their time at school. Although I am based within the school my role is to work in partnership with parents and the school. I am not a member of the teaching staff. I can provide support, guidance and information about available services in the area. Most of all I am a listening ear and can support you in school or by an arranged home visit.
How can I help you?
- Provide a listening ear for your worries
- Help you talk to your child’s teacher or school
- Offer guidance/ support around behaviour
- Give support and advice around starting school and transition to secondary school
- Help signpost to resources / services within the community offering support for example: financial concerns, health, parenting courses
Are you struggling to get your child to school on time?
If your child arrives late for class they miss out on important learning. If you would like some tips or any support with issues which may be effecting this, please come and have a chat.